Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rolls, Letters, and Wagon Wheel

This weekend has been so wonderful! Friday night we stayed in and rested. Chris picked up 3 new accounts at work and ended up working late and then went in Saturday for a few hours. Saturday, Webb and I ventured to "Walmark" as he says because he wanted goggles for the pool. Goggles turned in to swimmy diapers, a sun shirt, a cover up for me, and a few other odds and ends. Oh, and did I mention that sunscreen is so expensive? So after spending our life savings in Walmart, we came home and while Webb napped, I cleaned up and got us ready for the pool. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and visiting with friends. They had a party that night with Mexican food catered in and a band so Mom kept Webb and Chris, Nancy, and I went and hung out for a while. It was fun to just see friends and have some adult beverages. Not to mention that I played watermelon football and pool volleyball for the first time. Oh, yes, and Nancy and I entertained the whole place with our fancy footwork when the band started playing "Wagon Wheel." You just never know what those Zimmerman girls are going to do next. :) Sunday brought church, naps, housework, and a relaxing dinner at Mimi and Pawpaws. Webb has been learning to do a forward roll and tonight he really mastered it! Then, tonight in the bath, we were playing with his foam letters and he said "T is for truck!" And then I held up the W and he said "It's for Webby." And then for R, he says it's for "Ruby and Rachel and Ford and Carrie and Allen!" Ha! He's like a little sponge and I just love watching him learn so many new things all the time! He is even learning to put is clothes and shoes on. Sometimes I have to hold my arms tight so I don't jump in and just do it for him. He is the absolute light of my life and Chris and I are just so proud of the little fellow he's becoming!
 
 
Sweet boy driving his car!
 
Why does this picture look squatty?
 
Oh well. Happy Week everyone! We are on the countdown to summer!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment