Monday, June 24, 2013

Catching Up

It's been nothing but fun around here the last few days! We ended the week with a fun play date with Liza and her boys Will and Andrew at a Splash Park in Kannapolis. The splash park was a hit but not as much as the train ride was. The boys played on the playground too and we had a picnic lunch. I'm so thankful for the friend I have in Liza. She's a keeper, for sure.

Waving to the train. Aren't they precious!?
 
 





That night, we had Webb's first swim lesson. Webb had only a 20 minute nap that afternoon which is rare so I thought he'd be a little 'off' for his lesson. While Miss Blythe had Webb distracted with diving rings, I slipped out of the pool to wait at the glass windows. I told him I wanted him to try to do it without mommy but every so often I'd peek around to see how he was doing. Not so good. She signaled for me to come in and once I got in the water with him, he did everything she asked! He got his ears and face wet, blew some bubbles, played a kicking game, and even scooped water like ice cream. He had a ball and eventually would let Blythe hold him in the water. I wanted to see how he'd do without me first but I knew I'd need to go in. I want him to learn to trust other people and know that he can learn from others. I'm hoping tomorrow night he'll be a little more independent with her. We'll see! All that really matters is that he has fun and learns to love the water.




This weekend, Chris and I headed up to Pisgah National Forest with a church group to camp. Webb was in good hands with his Mimi and Pawpaw so I didn't worry a bit about him- but I missed him soooooooo much! Chris and I went mountain biking, hiking, ate Smores, hung out with friends, went down Sliding Rock (well, I did, he didn't!), and played some corn hole. It was such a beautiful place and we're excited about going back next year.

Today was a lazy, lay around kind of day. I ran this morning and did my fastest 5k time yet: 28:52. It was so hot and humid. Ugh. Ready for winter running again for sure. We laid around, watched some movies, played with blocks, trucks, and a Rubbermaid tub. We went to the car wash and then took long naps. Tonight once the sun came out, we took a bike ride around the hood and played at the park. Webb went to bed so tired, so happy, and so precious. I still love snuggling my clean boy each night in the rocking chair and singing to him. It's heaven on Earth, I do believe.

I came in the den this afternoon to this view. Classic Webb. Gosh, I love my boy.


Hope you all are staying cool and having some summer fun as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment