Monday, June 10, 2013

A Busy Summer

There are several things that are going to keep us very busy this summer! The first being that someone is going to be potty training very soon! I've been reading up on it some and working on it here at home some but we're going to be 100% into it starting Wednesday! I'm even thinking of bribery with chocolate chips if need be. Or maybe a cheese doodle because I won't eat the whole bag of those! We've been letting Webb run around naked at night and we just constantly remind him to use the potty if he needs to. Many times, he'll run and use it so that's a good sign. I just worry about how to handle it when we're out and about. I guess I'll figure it out as we go! Another fun thing is that Webb will start swimming lessons this week! A sweet girl from the Y will do private lessons with him and I'm hoping and praying he will go with her and not pitch a fit. Again, we'll be figuring that one out as we go! He loves the water but really likes the baby pool more than the big pool because as he says, "The big pool is too steep for me!" Ha! At this point, I just want him to love the water and not be afraid of the big pool. I've also been keeping a list going of some places I want to visit. Here's what's on my list:

  • Kid's Business- Maybe for just an hour or so to let him play. He loves it there!
  • Linbrook Heritage Estate in Trinity- They have a tractor museum that Webb would love!
  • The Zoo- There's a really cool dinosaur exhibit there that visited our school.
  • Greensboro Children's Museum
  • Natural Science Center in Greensboro
  • Dan Nicholas Park
  • Discovery Place KIDS in Huntersville
  • SciWorks

And then of course, we'll spend a lot of time at the pool, playing here at home, and hanging with friends. I think we'll do a fun day out to a place on the list once a week and the rest of the days, we'll just do whatever we want to!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a fun summer todo list!

    Can I just say that potty training was a nightmare for us?!?! lol. She finally got it, but it was hard for me to just keep in mind that she would eventually do it at her own pace.

    Swimming lessons sound so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete