Monday, October 25, 2010

Ramblings . . .

Well, last week at this time, I had a ton of energy- cooked three dinners and did my usual weekly cleaning and organizing. And then darn it, if last Wednesday, I didn't come down with an awful sinus infection! Ever since then, I've been a snotty mess, hardly sleeping at night, snoring like a freight train, and feeling exhausted every waking minute. But of course, just like I always do, I keep going, running around, gallivanting through life like nothing is wrong and then I become so worn down, that I can't function. Which brings me to my blog- it's 8:30 and I'm dressed, ready for bed, and tucked in for the night. I went to the doctor today for my 35 week checkup and she gave me a prescription for a Zpack to fight off the nasties. I hope it kicks in soon so I can get back to my old self! Everything checked out fine today- no issues to report or concerns for which I am thankful. I came home tonight and fixed some vegetable beef soup which of course made me feel better and as soon as dinner was over, Chris reported that he needed me down in the nursery. When I got down stairs (waddled, actually), he had this big grin on his face as he told me to open the second drawer of the dresser. When I did, I saw where this morning, he had neatly arranged Webb's cloth diapers and wipes into little stacks. It was the most precious thing ever and meant so much that he took the time to finish the laundry and organize his things. I also realized that he had taken a little blue table he had painted and put it beside the rocker. On it were a picture frame and a sweet lamp that his grandmother made for him when he was little. She actually made the lamp, wiring and all, and hand painted it with little blue birds. It made me about cry to see how neatly he had placed the items on the table- with such deliberation and thought. Tonight as we left the nursery, I made him turn off the overhead lights and turn on the little bird lamp. It lit the room just enough to see to maybe read a book or just sit peacefully and drift to sleep. As I looked around, I was filled with such pride and joy to see that this room has become the sweetest little nursery I've ever seen. It has books and toys from both of our childhoods- each meaning something special to both of us. I feel like after not feeling good for the last few days, I now have this profound sense of peace and comfort as our final weeks of being 'two' wind to a close. We have worked hard to make sure that Webb has everything he needs and have done so as a team. I will sleep well tonight knowing that in a few weeks, our son will be greeted by two parents who love him more than anything and want to give him the same wonderful childhood we both had.

No comments:

Post a Comment