Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Baby Shower Number One!

Today was a day I have been looking forward to for a long time- my first baby shower. Chris' aunt and cousin hosted the most beautiful and intimate shower- it was perfect and I couldn't have asked for more. All of our favorite ladies were there and my sister-in-law even drove up from Wilmington for the special occassion. The most special guest of honor was Chris' 99 year old grandmother who is still kickin' it after all these years. It was very touching to have her there today. She said she wanted to see all the pretty things I got. And pretty things did I get! Here are a few pictures of my special afternoon:


Fancy Pastry cake squares








Aunt Patti and Marlin


My sis-in-law, Maria


My other Muther- Donna Lou


The grandmothers and great-grandmother to be!


I have known this woman my ENTIRE life, Ms. Julia. I was so honored that she came!


I am truly blessed with wonderful family and friends who are making this time so special for us. Now off to write thank you notes!



No comments:

Post a Comment