Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another wonderful weekend . . .

Ah! I am lovin' this fall weather and so is my pregnant body! I finally have some relief from this heat. Thank you, Lord for these chilly mornings and cool afternoons. Chris and I had a great weekend here at home- it was nice not to have anything to 'do.' Friday night, I enjoyed an after school treat with my best bud at Don Juan's. It was nice to have girl time and eat a yummy meal (against doctor's orders b/c of the salt)! I really haven't eaten there in a while because of the salt and other unhealthy stuff in Mexican food, but a girl has to treat herself, right!? :) Saturday, Chris and I went uptown to my oh-so-favorite place, Perfect Blend for coffee and their new 'light lunch.' I had pimento cheese on a croissant and a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Let's just say that I will be making many more trips to PB for that latte. It was awesome! Afterwards we went to the Candy Factory and antique store, and to Tastings so Chris could pick up his beer. Later that afternoon, I had the esteemed privilege of going to Salisbury to see my other best bud, Liza who was up from her home in Columbia, SC to visit family. She is expecting a little boy three months after Webb arrives and we had the best time talking babies. We went shopping and bought the boys matching sleeper outfits. Here are some pictures of our afternoon shenanigans.








Liza also surprised me with this sweet gift for Webb. I am SO blessed to have Liza in my life. She is one fine friend! I am sure our boys will be the best of friends too!

When I got home from Salisbury, Chris had finished his firepit so we sat outside and enjoyed the sunset and warm fire. It was a relaxing weekend and I sure do appreciate all the people in my life who make me feel so blessed. My pastor reminded us today of the suffering in the world and I admittedly tak my blessiengs for granted. I will take time tonight to thank God for my blessings and ask his blessing on those in our world who are hurting, suffering, and grieving. I want so much for this world to be a healed, happy, peaceful place. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment