Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby and nursery update

1. We went to the doctor this week for my 34 week checkup. My blood pressure was good, the heartbeat was 145, my weight gain was within normal limits (how, I'm not sure), and she thinks he's turned already! I go back in two weeks and then begin my one week visits. She doesn't see any reason that I'd go into preterm labor so that is comforting- although you still never know what God has planned!

2. I got my travel system with the car seat and stroller- now I just need to have Chris put the car seat in and run by the fire department so they can check it out.
3.The bedding is done and looks beautiful! We're going to try to hang curtains this weekend. We'll see if that actually happens!

 4. I finally got around to getting his glider reupholstered in the bunny fabric. I had some left over from the crib bumpers, so I decided to use it to cover the glider so it would match everything else. She's actually making slip covers for everything so I can wash it! I have really made my seamstress work hard! She is awesome.

5. My original idea in pictures to go in Webb's room included a Water Baby print that hung in my nursery when I was little. The only wall big enough for it is the one where the crib is. I'm very nervous about hanging that big ole framed print above his sweet head. SO I got to looking on the internet and found these precious monogrammed canvases. I have a friend in Salisbury who owns a business called Whimziggy. She is going to hand paint the canvas with his initials in the center. I can't wait to see how it turns out! I may put Water Baby in his bathroom?

6. I had someone tell me this week that my nose had gotten big. Not my belly, or my feet, or my backside, but my nose. Really?

Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds so wonderful, Amanda!! I am elated for how things are going for you and I can't wait to see pictures of baby Webb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you punch that person that mentioned your nose in THEIR nose?? How rude! So excited to hear how everything is coming together for you guys in your preparations. Jeff got the car seat installed this past Monday when he was off and we have the valance up in Deacon's room now. It looks really DIFFERENT with the valance in there now. You can see that it's a nursery from down the hall. :)

    ReplyDelete