Thursday, July 11, 2013

Why Do I Run?

I saw this quotation on a blog today about running. It was listed under the 10 Commandments of Running. It describes me perfectly and where I am in my journey to becoming fit. The website is www.anothermotherunner.com.

"More than any other sport, running has the ability to truly change your life. You can run away from depression, bad relationships, negative body images, frustration, anger and anything else that gets filed in the “con” column. You can run towards confidence, happiness, peace, patience, strength, contentment and optimism. All at a pace that makes sense for you."

I have a lot of planning in the works with my eating and training. My feet have really taken a beating from the long, hot runs this summer. Chris has helped me come up with a training schedule that incorporates skill practice, cross-training, long and short interval work, and time trial runs one day per week.  I'm also working on eating more balanced meals so that at any time, I can perform.

Above all else- the training and such- the changes I'm seeing on the inside and out are my main motivation and satisfaction. Everything the quotation talks about keeps me going.

But next week, I'm going on vacation and everything is fair game. I know there'll be trips to Dairy Queen, lots of Corona Lights, and snack food. Bring it!


 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment