Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Here We Are!

Boy have things been crazy around here since I last posted! We had a fun week at the beach with the Ingram's a few weeks ago. The kids ate junk food, watched tons of television, played for hours on the beach, caught hermit crabs, dug in the sand, played in the water, discovered an island, visited the aquarium, rode the ferry, and slept like little angels. The adults had late night pizza and pancakes, lots of beer (well, everyone except preggo mama), Oreo cookies, ice cream, and some relaxing moments on the rocking chair front porch. It was fun and crazy and I wouldn't trade a moment of it for anything. I'm truly thankful for such dear friends and the love they give to us and Webb. You can't share a beach house with just anyone! :)

Since coming back, we had company, Scott and Carrie, our friends from KY come visit. We met them years ago on a mission trip and we've been friends ever since. Webb immediately took to them and entertained him with his silly antics. We took them out for BBQ (the main reason they come visit!), visited the Candy Factory, and rode to Winston for shopping, lunch, and such. We had a great time catching up with them and hope to see them again next summer!

In the world of Webb, we are doing GREAT with potty training. He is now asking and using the big boy potty which is great but I'm afraid he's going to fall in! We've gone several places in underwear which is promising. He's still in diapers at night but that will come with time. I'm just proud that he's catching on and asking/telling us he has to go! One thing we've been battling is meal time. He will.not.sit.and.eat. Ugh! The other night, we had had enough. We took his new recycling truck and threw it away. We put all his toys away and he went to bed with no dinner, no milk, no story, no nothing. His heart was completely broken as were ours. We both went up and kissed him later that night and after I came down, I saw that Chris had gotten the truck back out and cleaned it off for him. Ever since then, he's eaten like a little champ and has behaved overall a bit better. It was a 'tough love' kind of moment that I hope we don't need to repeat any time soon but we definitely think it drove the point home. Mama and Daddy aren't playing. You need to eat. Sit and eat. Amen. :) Life with a budding three year old is simply amazing and so so trying at times. He can be as good as gold and as sweet as sugar or simply rotten. When he's good, he listens, helps, and is so agreeable. There are days however, that I have to pick my battles and move on. Then there are moments like tonight when I stopped the stroller to tell him I loved him and before I could even get close enough to whisper it to him, he said it first. Or tonight when I asked him if he knew mommy loved him as I was tucking him in bed and he whispered "Yeah" so softly and sweetly. Oh my heart is so full. Moments like that wipe away all the trying times for sure.

I'm still running and training and so in love with it. I'm definitely looking forward to the Southern Fried Half Marathon in November but I'm thinking about racing in a 10k soon to keep the momentum going. Running continues to change my life in ways I never thought possible.

School starts in about three weeks and I'm so excited! I'm excited about getting my room ready! I have a real theme this year for the first time ever so I'm pumped about shopping and getting things in order. While going back does mean leaving my boy, it means we're back in a routine, he's going to his sitter and his Mimi's house, and he starts PRESCHOOL! He asks me about every day if it's time for preschool. Can I just tell you how much this warms my heart. I am so happy that he'll be making new friends and learning new things this year. He is so ready for that environment. My hope is that he'll thrive and bloom and just soak up this sweet time.

For now, we're at home, reading books, going to the park, the pool, watching a few shows, using the potty, racing trucks, playing silly games, and just enjoying our time together. Next week is our VBS and Webb has his own little class this year so that will be fun for him. We had one more beach trip planned but it fell through so this weekend we'll enjoy a quiet time here at home.

I remain blessed by this life in so many ways. Our little house in Grimes, our family that loves and supports us, friends I can count on, a husband who works so hard and helps me and supports me, a son who brings sunshine and smiles to me every single day . . . Gosh, I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment