Monday, July 1, 2013

Pool, Puddle Jumpers, and Teething

The usual thing for Friday nights is to pack a cooler and head to the pool. I whipped up some turkey wraps, fruit slices, and a few cold beers, and we headed to the pool for some laid back fun. Webb has totally mastered swimming in his Puddle Jumper all by himself and will now just kick and paddle around the big pool without any help. He is also an avid diving board jumper now. It's amazing the progress he's made in just a few weeks at the pool! Saturday, Webb slept til 10:00 and laid around with me until noon. I think his molars were bothering him and he was clingy, cranky, and tired most of the day. We still headed to the pool and had fun until he was ready to come home. We ordered pizza and my sister made her delicious gazpacho- my favorite summer food ever. We had a huge salad too which hopefully made up for the gluten overload. (Which made me feel like a fat, bloated dough boy!) Sunday brought church, nap time, and a fun bike ride uptown and a stop at Jo-Jo's for ice cream. I ended my weekend with a nice 8 miler in the rain.

Sweetness on the way to Sunday School
 
 
This morning at the library! Poor Piggy had his books stolen!
 
Last summer at the library.
 
 
I love spending time with Chris and Webb. We have such a good time together and Chris and I continue to be amazed at the things Webb says and does. He is getting so big and so independent. We are proud of his potty training progress and how well he's done at the pool. I can tell he's going to be a quick learner . . . but watch out if he doesn't get it right. He can pitch a fit over it, for sure! :)

Some current Webbisms:

*When we get in the car, he'll say, "Mommy, you need to put your seat belt on." Thanks, Bud.
* He loves to stand in the mirrors in our room and dance and make pouty faces. He knows how to turn on that pitiful face!
*He loves talking about how cars don't crush cars, monster trucks crush cars. Anything monster truck is a favorite right now.
*He enjoys flushing the toilet. The trick is ONLY ONCE!
*Getting him to sit and eat takes an act of Congress. Anyone else have a hard time getting their toddler to SIT and EAT!!!?!?!?!
*He loves for me to sing 'the river song' before bed each night. Think "O Brother, Where Art Thou."
*Pushing. Yes, it's hard to admit but my boy has started pushing. I've seen him do it several times. It's usually over a toy. I do not spank him for it (nor for much else for that matter) but he's been in time out for it. I know it's his age but I still don't like it. Everything is "MINE!" We talk about how it isn't nice. Sometimes I feel like a referee when he's playing with other children. The whole sharing thing. Man. Tough stuff. Any advice on that?



Well, that's all I have for today. This weather is killing me. One minute it's sunny, the next it's dark and stormy looking. I think our afternoon treat will be to head to Sweet Frogs in Salisbury. I'm craving a sweet treat and a new workout top. Happy Monday, ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment