Monday, April 8, 2013

Heaven

How do you explain Heaven to your two year old? I kinda figured that out today while Webb and I were swinging at the park. Out of the blue, he said "Where is mommy's father?" (pronounced like fah-ver) I told him that my daddy was in heaven. I pointed to the sky and told him that my daddy had a bad heart and went to Heaven to be with Jesus. He repeated everything I told him and when I told him his name was "Butch," he said "His name is Mulch." Ha. Pretty good. So we looked at Heaven and we talked about how he has two Pawpaws- one at Mimi's house (whom he likes to call Dave these days) and one in Heaven. I told him that Heaven is where people go when they die and where Jesus takes care of people and makes them all better. His little eyes looked up to the sky and I could tell he was taking it all in. How awesome it was to be at our favorite place on a beautiful, sunny day and have this conversation. I know my dad was listening and beaming.

So glad I have this old picture from my cell phone. One of the last of him holding Webb.

No comments:

Post a Comment