Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Update on Dubya

Sooooooo our parental instincts were right. Our local doctor's office had overlooked something very serious each time we took Webb in for a visit. We were told it was just a cold or possible asthma. He was given all the steroids and breathing treatments which weren't treating the real cause of the illness! The ENT did a quick nose swab, sent it off for a culture, and called last night to say he had STREP bacteria growing in his nose. I about HIT.THE.ROOF. I won't go in to much detail here but let's just say we're looking for other options. He's on a three week round of antibiotics and is already 100% better since he started. I'm so glad we listened to our gut instincts. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go poke some eyeballs out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment