Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Running and Other Randoms

This weekend, I set a new PR for myself: 9 miles, no stoppies. It was overcast when I left and 5 minutes into my run, it started snowing. At about mile 2, it was snowing pretty heavily and was so so beautiful! I know people thought I was crazy to be out running in such weather, but I didn't mind it a bit. As I hit mile 5, the sun came out. It was kind of a "Glad to be alive" moment. This weekend, my buddy and I will continue our Saturday morning ritual. I'm hoping for 10, yes, buddy? I've got to order new socks though. I think if I hadn't had a nasty blister pop up at mile 7, I could have done 10 last weekend.

Here is some other randomness for all you readers out there. (Because there are so many. wink)

1. I love hearing Webb talk to his trucks. And how he takes them to bed at night. The other morning I went up to get him and he had them all lined up at the foot of his bed. Gosh, I love that boy more than life.

2. My sister and I had an impromptu visit to Ikea yesterday afternoon after my mom's car broke down on the side of 85 in Charlotte. Lovely place for a beautiful blond to be stranded. I picked her up and we did what any woman would do, we shopped. I love Ikea and all the cheap homey stuff they have!

3. I'm really looking forward to spring. I'm ready for sundresses, flip flops, skirts, warm weather, and lots of playing outside.

4. I've developed a love for walnuts or "walmets" as Webb calls them. They are especially tasty on a salad or in yogurt. And they are a "good fat." :)

5. March, April, May. Two 5k races and one 10k. So pumped.


Hope you're all having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment