Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One Man Down

The last two weeks, I've been on a solo ride of parenting. Two down, four to go. Aside from working full time, I've been the primary taxi cab driver, diaper changer, meal fixer (shutter), baby bather, dresser, playmate, etc. all on my own. And boy do I miss my other half! I sure do have a new appreciation for ALL he does around our home! Like taking the trash down the street the night before pickup or taking Webb each morning so I can take my time getting to work. Or how he fixes us breakfast- the whole shebang 7 days per week and dinner most nights. Or how while I'm bathing Loo, he'll go get his pjs, diaper, and milk laid out. Or how he'll sweep up the kitchen, throw in a load of laundry, or fix that squeaky door that's been driving me crazy. I've definitely gotten a taste of what a single parent goes through. I used to say I couldn't imagine being a single parent. But now that I've kind of had that experience, I can say that mamas have this innate ability to step up, care for their children, and keep going the next day. (Well, most do.) Sure it's exhausting, but you just do it. I've tried to keep things 'normal' for Webb since daddy's been gone and so far, he's been a little angel. (Except for the other night when he had a full blown meltdown for no reason.) At the end of this crazy journey, we will all be thankful that life took this turn and while it's hard now, I know it'll pay off later. Chris, if you're reading, just know that I miss you more than anything and can't wait for that plane to land. And know there's a little one here who can't wait to see you too. We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I love this little blog of yours! I especially love the updates on Webb. I enjoy reading blogs, started my own, but haven't found my groove yet. Sounds like Chris is on a adventure that will eventually benefit your family. While he is away, I'm sure you're doing a great job keeping up with that handsome boy of yours. If Dan is gone more than a night or two... I'm an exhausted mess. We think of ya'll often and hope to visit sooner rather than later. Love Ya! Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Chrissy! It's sooooo good to hear from you! Thank you! I love keeping up with things here and just love writing about Webb and a little about me. I hope ya'll can come see us although a trip to FL would be a dream. Maybe soon. Love you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete