Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Running

I've had a lot of people writing me on facebook asking me about my workouts. I am no pro, no expert, not even experienced. I'm just in love. In love with something I've tried and quit several times in my adulthood- something I never expected to love. All because a good friend called when she said she would, I'm now a runner. I hesitated to call myself a runner at first because I thought it might not stick just like every time before. But here I am with almost 80 miles under my feet in the year 2013. And it's February. Several people have asked if I'm training for something and my immediate response is "no" but when I think about why I run, I guess I am really training for something. I'm training my body to chase, run, play, and wrestle a crazy two year old. I'm training to work full time, be a wife, mother, housekeeper, etc. and keep my energy and sanity. I'm training for a healthy mind and body- something that I've neglected for a while. It's amazing how after a day of working, I can throw my running stuff on and run like I'm on top of the world. The strength I can feel in my body completely amazes me . . . like today during hill runs, I felt so strong. I wasn't tired, I was empowered. My whole body feels stronger, leaner, and faster. Here's what a typical week looks like exercise wise:

Saturday- long run with CareBear- We're up to 8 miles together.
Sunday- rest or catch the 2pm Y class- Cardio Sculpt. This just depends on how well I've recovered from the long run.
Monday- rest (although this week I did a quick 4 mile run)
Tuesday- Nike training app workouts. Love these- designed especially for women. Chris Fulton approved too. Sometimes I catch the 4:30 class at the Y. Weights and cardio mixed.
Wednesday- Interval training, hill runs
Thursday- Nike Training app or Y class for weights/cardio
Friday- Rest




This quotation is so true for me. It really has changed my life. Here's to more miles of running . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment