Friday, August 30, 2013

Top Five Friday

Here's what's making my Top 5 Friday list!

1. First week of school- DONE! It's been crazy and will get more crazy once we mesh into a K/1 Combo but luckily I'll have a full time assistant, great volunteers, and a student teacher!

2. I'm loving my new running shoes! I've been having some blister problems and I attributed it to the hot weather but it just kept getting worse. My poor feet looked horrible after my long run last week so I decided it was time for new shoes. After trying on about 8 different pair, I walked away with good ole New Balance. I still love my Brooks but these are so light weight and fit a bit better in the toe box. With new socks, I'm hoping for happy feet. I also didn't want to train for the half marathon in November on old shoes.

Now that school has started, running has taken on new meaning in some ways. I view it less as competition with myself for new times and paces, but more as a release and quiet time for myself. I've thoroughly enjoyed the solitude of my early morning runs and have felt so relaxed for the day. I never, ever, ever dreamed that I'd be setting my clock for 4:30 a.m. but twice this week, I've headed out early to run- especially so I can get my weekly distance in.
 

 
 
3. Last night, we attended Open House at Webb's preschool. He walked right in and just started chatting it up and playing with his teacher. I am so thrilled that he's comfortable being around others and probably won't even know I'm not around when I drop him off Thursday. It's so hard to believe he's big enough to be a preschooler!
 
 
 
 
4. Tomorrow night, a several couples are heading to Winston to eat Thai food. I'm excited about a night out with my Chris and hanging with sweet friends!
 
 
5. I am excited that these beauties will be showing up on my doorstep soon! Aren't they gorgeous?!
 
 
Happy Long Weekend Friends!
 





1 comment:

  1. Love the earrings! :) Best of luck with the combo!! I missed seeing you when I was by there last week. Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete