Monday, August 19, 2013

Best of Summer 2013

Well, I'm sitting here at my dining room table, eating apple slices, and listening to the rain fall outside. It's my last day of summer vacation and I'm in awe of how fast it went by. I'm terribly excited about the new school year but I am sad about leaving my Goose. But I know he'll have fun at Mimi's and Donna's and will then enjoy his time at preschool in September. It is so true that the time just flies. That's why I've soaked up every minute of my summer. Here's a little recap for you!
 
Camping at Pisgah!
 
Hilarious. We were a watermelon.
 
Loving the cool mountain air!
 
We spent a lot of time at the pool. Webb learned to semi-swim with his puddle jumper on and now goes off the diving board with no help and no one in the water to catch him.
 
 
We had a ball at the beach with the Ingram's.
 
 
 
Webb's Mimi and Pawpaw got him a "Cwub house" for him to play on at their house. He loves it!
 
 
We visited SciWorks, The Children's Museum, got ice cream, went to a birthday party, went to the park a million times, snuggled, watched movies, played trucks, walked uptown, did puzzles, read books, played with Play Dough, went to VBS, took long naps, and played outside. We went to the Splash Park with friends and had Scott and Carrie visit from Kentucky.
 
Mommy ran approximately 148 miles since June 11th.
I'm still addicted and still going strong!
 
 
I celebrated my 34th birthday with the best friends and family ever.
 
I can't believe no children are photo bombing us!
I love these ladies to the moon and back!
 
The biggest news is that Webb is 99% potty trained! We still have an occasional accident and are still in diapers at night but during the day, he's going on his own! He's been to church and many other places in his "Mater pants" and has done well. We are proud!
 
 
 
It's amazing how much a Little can grow in just a few short months! We are heading into his last months as a two year old which is so bittersweet for us.
 
It was a wonderful summer. I feel so blessed in so many ways and just couldn't be more happy with the way things are.
 
 
 
 

1 comment: