Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

When I think about being a mother, this scripture comes to mind every single time.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17. To me it basically sums up what being a mother is all about. It's about being blessed with a sweet little one to raise, love, and cherish no matter what obstacles come your way. God has created this gift for a mother and we are to hold it close, guard it, and savor it. I certainly believe without a doubt that my Webb is a good and perfect gift and believe me, I thank God every single day that I've been entrusted to be his mother.

I spent the day with my boys. We skipped church because Webb wasn't feeling the best. (Thanks allergies!) We knew we needed to get out for a bit and since it was nice out, we took him to Finch Park. We walked the trails and sat and threw rocks in the water. I was thinking as we were sitting there that being his mom is the greatest gift . . . just like the scripture says. There, sitting in the dirt, with rocks and sand every where was where I felt so close to God and to my Webb. Later that day we went to Winston where my sister was hosting a dinner for our mom and Chris' mom. We had a wonderful time eating on her back porch, playing with Webb, and eating yummy pink lemonade cake from Dewey's Bakery. Webb saw cake and ice cream and said we should sing "Happy Birthday." So we did. And it was perfect.

I did stop and think about one of my students on Mother's Day. She has no mother and is being raised by her father. They were recently kicked out of their home and are now living at the homeless shelter. My heart breaks for this sweet girl who will probably never know a mother's love. That my friends, is far from perfect.

It was a simply wonderful day spent with the ones I love the most. My sweet Chris let me sleep in, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and washed and waxed my car while I napped. Oh so blessed.

My mom and Chris' mom. Two amazing women. We love you Mimi and Harry Hat!
 
 
 
 
 
My Perfect Gift and Me. I could absolutely eat him up.



No comments:

Post a Comment