Monday, May 20, 2013

It's Not About Me

I had another blog post idea in mind but tonight I just can't bear to write about my life. Not when the lives of people around me are such a struggle. Here is what is on my mind tonight:

1. Praying for a sweet friend and his family as he underwent major surgery today to battle bone cancer. The updates sound good but the road will be long. I can't imagine how their world will be turned upside down.

2. Praying for the children and families in Oklahoma. So sad to hear about lost lives.

3. Praying for a friend who is in the adoption process. Special things are going to happen for her in this process and I can't wait to meet their little one soon, I hope!

4. Praying for the children in my room whose parents don't brush their teeth, wash their clothes, sign their notebooks, check their homework, read with them, or answer my phone calls when there's an emergency. So many children in our own backyards are neglected every day. My heart is heavy for them.

I hate to be so solemn tonight but I needed to stop for a minute and think about the people around me who are hurting. This world spins too fast and we need to slow down and think about others more often. The world would be a better place if we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment