Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

So, out with the old, in with the new, huh? Well, the shelves at Walmart this afternoon weren't much help. As soon as I turned around from grabbing a box of Goldfish for Lu (Webb), I was greeted with row upon row of Valentine's candy. Then came the Super Bowl food- the chips, dips, junk, etc. I thought to myself, "Jeez! We just got over the cookies, cakes, drinks, junk, etc. of Christmas and now society is telling me to keep eating cause there are more reasons to over the next few months and weeks! Ok, enough with that rant. I'm really trying to make some conscious decisions this year to do some things better, more whole-heartedly than last year. Eating being one of them. Looking back at 2012, I lost 25-30 pounds on Weight Watchers. I didn't exercise a bit; the weight just fell off. After seeing so many fit people around me, I decided it was time for me to quit making excuses and start exercising. Over the break, I've logged close to 10 miles of running, some cross training, and some spinning. My plan is to continue running and cross training interchangably. This will come in the form of late night trips to the Y or going straight from work. The reward is so worth it. I'm pumped!

2012 also brought a new house. A house built in the 1930's that came with some renovations and elbow grease. It's still a work in progress but hopefully this year, we'll have it all done. I'm still picking out fabrics for the living and dining rooms, the closet in our bedroom is in progress, and I'm guessing next might be the mud room, laundry room, or maybe a bathroom. We'll see what the contractor thinks. :)

I started my job teaching first grade again in August after a three year break. Best decision yet. I love my co-workers, my boss, my students, and even Common Core! Life is just better all around when you love your job.

2012 was the Year of the Toddler. My first experience with parenting a rambuctious, fun-loving, loud, toddler. Gosh, I could eat him up. He's a ripe two year old now- making some of his own decisions about what he eats, drinks, or does with this time. Sometimes those choices lead to meltdowns, but we're trying to give him some independence. Tonight we were building a sandcastle with blocks and Webb said we made a "great team." Or before bed, after reading Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site, he said "Excavator's going to sweep" I thought my heart would melt. A good-talking, comprehending two year old. With a sweet southern drawl. I told Chris he was going to be a lady killa. :) 2013 will be another toddler year and I can't wait!


Happy 2013 Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment