Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Transitions

Thankfully Webb has done well with most transitions in his little life thus far. We've been talking about and planning a move to a big boy bed for him since he's mastered climbing out a few months ago. I guess it's pretty good that he waited as long as he did to start . . . but now there's no looking back! Some friends of ours let us borrow a toddler bed to try out so we set it up in our bedroom for a few days and let Webb play and lay on it for fun. We talked and talked about that being his new bed and how he couldn't jump on it or get out of it during nap or bedtime. Yesterday, we made the switch and he slept well at naptime and last night! I did go up to check on him last night and his little head was hanging off the side. I think we'll move it against the wall and see if that helps.

I am very proud of him. It's a big deal for him- and for us! A sign our first born is growing up! No worries though, the crib isn't going far. :) (Don't even ask cause the answer is no!)

Hope you all stay warm. We're snuggled up today resting and relaxing after taking Webb to school for an hour (I've learned that wide open halls are crazy-baby territory) and a little doctor's visit for a head cold. I'm thinking a trip to the drugstore will be in order later to treat my big boy for doing so well in his new bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment