Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Settled

We are finally settled into our new home. We've been here since Saturday and have loved every minute (well, mostly) of hanging pictures, arranging furniture, and putting away things. There is still a lot to be done, but for the most part, it's starting to look a little normal around here. On my list next is to find a love seat/settee for the living room, an area rug, and fabric to recover chairs. I can't wait to start decorating my special room. I'm also in the process of getting some wall hangings to go in the living room. Chris keeps reminding me that I shouldn't get too crazy with things but I find ways around that every time! Funny how that works out. :)

In the Webb department, I neglected to blog about his 20 month milestone so here goes a little update on my sweet boy:

1. Talking- All day long from sun up to sun down. Mostly about big ole trucks, dump trucks, dirt, mud, digging, playing, swinging, going to the park, exercising, eating, going potty (just bought a little potty this morning to see what he might do), he can name a lot of people: Larche, Shane, Ashley, Carrie, Ruby, Rachel, Daisy, Madden, Hal, Christy, Tim (the painter), and loves talking about trash trucks, fire trucks, gas trucks, ice trucks, etc.

2. Eating- Some days I don't know how he stays alive. Some days he eats like a bird, other days, he packs it full. Guess it goes with the territory!

3. Clothes- 24 month or 2T. I'll need a shopping trip soon to stock up on fall clothes. Putting all those little itty bitty baby clothes in storage made me sad. Hopefully soon, we can get them back out. (Don't go thinking anything cause it's NOT going to happen for a while!)

4. Behavior- We had a spell where Webb would hit me. Only me. He would do it when I pulled him off a toy or away from something he loved or when he was fussy or tired. Thankfully that has stopped for now. He is saying please and thank you most of the time and usually listens when we tell him no. He definitely listens better to daddy and tries to get away with more with me.

This fall, he'll go to his sitters twice a week and his Mimi's the other days. We are so blessed with such great child care. He loves going to his sitters and loves playing with the other children at her house. AND she has The Wiggles.


So all is well with us. We have a happy home, a happy baby, and two happy parents who are worn out. But a good worn out. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment