Friday, July 27, 2012

Random Friday Thoughts

There is no rhyme or reason to this. I'm too tired but have a lot on my mind. Here goes:

1. It's been a crazy busy week. It's been a crazy month. We are two days shy of living with my mom for a month. Tonight is our last night here and tomorrow evening, we'll be snuggled into our new home. I will be one happy mama.

2. This is the summer "I Never Got Dressed." No, I didn't run around nekkid, I've just spent the majority of my time in workout clothes with no makeup and my hair pulled up. I can't even remember the last time I wore makeup. Oh, and I need a pedicure.
.
3. My new house is my dream house. I have always wanted an old house with lots of character and charm in a neighborhood where sweet old ladies will love my baby as their own and other mothers and I can drink wine on our porches. Where at the holidays we can walk around delivering gifts to our neighbors and visit with friends. A place where the hardwood floors creak and the glass in the windows is a bit wavey. A place Chris and I can raise Littles into adulthood. I am beyond thankful to finally be in my dream house.

4. I am thankful for dear friends who volunteer to babysit so I can meet the worker dude. It's even better when your Little comes home in a pink pullup and a giant tee shirt because he had a leaky diaper. That's when you know you have a real friend who loves your Little like your own.

5. Haircut. I've been thinking about cutting this mop OFF. My hair is too flat and blah to be long. I just need to do it.

6. Running. I've been running a little lately and it has helped relieve stress. It's felt good to get out and clear my head.

7. I found an antique chest of drawers this week and it looks perfect in my living room. Score for a good find.

8. I am getting excited about the start of a new school year.

9. Decorating. I have bought so many decorating mags lately. I think this is going to turn into a major hobby. I love finding good pieces and accessorizing with pictures and knick-knacks. I'm ready for rainy day projects and lots of house shopping.

10. I'm excited about a meet-and-greet being hosted for us next weekend by one of our neighbors. It'll be nice to get dressed like a normal person and go out for the evening. Even better that we can walk home.

11. This sweet boy is talking all day long. Lately, he's been saying . . .
Big ole pruck
Peace out
Crazy baby, busy baby, silly baby
Sit down
Love powk (park)
Promeese (promise)
Go down, go up
Runner sizes (Runner exercises)
Gigger (Digger) pick dirt
Hop on Pop
Big ole pruck . . . . suck (stuck) . . . . dirt
Firemean (firemen)
Big ole work pruck
Baby pool
Gwasses (Glasses)
Milk pwease (please)

Do you see a theme here? I think we'll do trucks for his second birthday!

Here we are the other day at the park:



Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You've been a busy woman this summer! I am so excited to see your house! When can we go get pedis?

    ReplyDelete