Sunday, August 19, 2012

One More Candle and A Trip Around the Sun . . .

Thanks, Jimmy Buffett. My all time favorite song goes with another wonderful year in my life.
Thirty- two brought many blessings and I already know that thirty-three is going to too. I told a dear friend this the other day, it went something like this: Every year I get older, the more I realize that the small things in life are truly the biggest. Like watching your child laugh, seeing your husband pursue dreams, getting together with friends for play time, and telling those near and dear how much you love them. This year I have been so thankful for a family who loves me, spoils me, and helps me unconditionally. That includes you too, Mimi and Pawpaw. I am thankful for Chris who has put my dream house together for me and has put up with my chandelier purchasing shenanigans. :) I am thankful for girlfriends who love my baby boy as their own and don't mind when I "invite myself over." I am thankful for returning to a job I love. I am thankful for my sweet Webb who brings absolute joy to my life every minute of every day. (Well, most of the time.) It's those little things, I tell ya, that make life worth living. No amount of shoes or clothes, or any other "thing" could replace those little blessings.

I had fun celebrating three nights straight and finally today, we're enjoying a rainy day in getting things ready for back to school. Thursday night, a friend organized a get-together at Don Juan's, my favorite place ever. Then Friday night, my sister, Clayton, and mom came over for dinner, dessert, and such. Then us young folks walked uptown to hear Big Daddy Love at HRO. Then Saturday, I told Chris the only thing I wanted was for the three of us to spend the day together. We took Webb to Dan Nicholas Park. Then last night, his parents took us out to Southern Roots, the best dang restaurant I've ever been to! I had fillet mignon, collards, and sauteed okra. Plenty of vino and a huge piece of Turtle Cheesecake. It was pretty close to heaven on Earth. :)



Tired Little after a fun day at the "Big Park."



So thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! It was probably the best birthday I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment