Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Year and The Weekend (Sans Pictures)

Happy 2014! I will say the new year started off well first and foremost because my little Godson, Baxter arrived on the second. I went to visit Friday. Carrie and I had the best time snuggling him, catching up on our never-ending conversations, and just soaking up the quiet of a hospital room. It was relaxing! I'd post a picture of my sweet boy but my computer is acting up tonight.

I keep seeing people post their resolutions so I thought I should join in. I really hate resolutions because they sometimes end up being empty promises or things we start doing but leave behind after a few months. Chris and I joke that by February, our YMCA parking lot will be empty again. :)

In thinking about what I'd like for myself and my family this year, here's list of a few things I'd like to do:

1. Pray more. Nothing else goes right if God isn't the center of everything.

2. Keep running. Duh. That doesn't even really need to be mentioned. It's like eating and breathing really. I want to of course run more, get a little faster, and complete two half marathons. Along with running, I want to continue heavy cross and strength training. Is it bad to want cut arms? ;)

3. Do nice things for others including the people in my family! My friend Catherine and I were talking the other night about doing one 'random act of kindness' every day. Whether it's a kind word on a sticky note, a phone call to someone, a handwritten card in the mail, running an errand for someone or whatever. It's all about putting others before yourself. That's a hard one but one I most want to challenge myself to.

So our weekend was super fun! Friday night we went with friends to a Cuban restaurant called Mambo Grill and Tapas. It was freakin' awesome! I had the best margarita and a delicious chicken dish with rice and beans. We'll definitely be going back for more! Saturday, some of our neighbors had a get-together so we did that. Can I just say how much I love our little street? Such sweet people! Sunday was the best. My best friend is adopting a little boy from China and they'll be picking him up in a few months. Several of us girls threw her a shower and it was such a fun afternoon. It's so special to watch two people have such joy in their hearts for their new baby boy who they've never even met.

You know, I continue to be so thankful for the friends in my life. I am so lucky to have a group of girls who are my backbone. Those friendships are so rare and so precious and I'm just so blessed by each one of them.


Everyone stay warm! It's cold out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment