Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

If you're like most people I've talked to recently, you're wondering where Christmas went!? It's like it came in the night and disappeared without a trace. The build up, the presents, the parties, the functions, the this and that and then in one day, it's all over. Webb is still asking when we can open more presents. I'll tell you, I'm about present-ed out. With his birthday being a month before Christmas, he ends up with sooooooo much stuff! I am not complaining- I am certainly grateful for the gifts but it just ends up being too much sometimes!

Webb was absolutely precious this year. He was so into Santa coming down the chimney, the reindeer on the roof, the toys, the treats, and the endless fun of it all. On Christmas Eve, we watched Christmas movies and an old favorite "The Rescuers" that Nancy brought. We made Christmas cookies for Santa, sprinkled our reindeer food, and read "Twas the Night Before Christmas." Nancy spent a few days so we stayed up putting out toys and getting things ready for Webb. The next morning brought lots of excitement as he tore into his presents. Santa brought dinosaurs, a huge cement mixer, a monster truck (duh), some Calliou toys, some pj's, candy, puzzles, and such. Nancy got him a huge tee pee that he loves. I think the highlight was the Santa train that he's been begging Mimi and Pawpaw to put up for him. They brought it over late that night with a note from Santa. That was a total hit!

So blessed by my little family!
 
Santa was good to me too! I racked up on winter running gear, clothes and such for our trip this summer and my beloved running watch that I've been drooling over for quite some time.
 
 
 
The best gift though, was first of all, finally understanding the true meaning of Christmas for the first time in my life. I am humbled by the faith I've found and what it means to really believe in God.
 
The other gift, the most important gift on this Earth, is right here.
 
 
If I could just eat both of them up, I would. They bring me so much joy every single day.
 
To Chris, thank you for your patience, your quiet spirit, and your sweet smile. You are such a blessing.
 
To Webb, oh, there are not enough words in the English language to describe my love for you. I could swim oceans, run across continents, fly to the moon and back and it wouldn't touch the love I have for you. You are simply divine, my sweet Goose.
 
 
 
Christmas 2013 was absolutely wonderful. I hope yours was as well.
 
xoxo
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment