Sunday, January 26, 2014

Couch to 5k and Running Stuff

  
Running continues to become a great part of my life. When I'm not running, I'm wishing I was. Like this morning in church. The service and music were great, but all I could think about was getting out of there, changing into my running stuff, and taking off. I had to take a week off of all exercising to recover from a nasty sinus infection so perhaps the urge was a little greater than normal. But it really is such a huge part of who I am. I think it's cool that I got a message from a friend the other day asking me to coach the spring session of Couch to 5k at our YMCA. I am so excited about sharing my love of running with others and hopefully motivating people to lose weight, get a little healthier, or just get out and move! I've had several friends message me about my running and workout success and I thought this was the perfect place to share my knowledge and help a few people get in shape. I'm no pro but I do know how to run. :) In addition to this bit of fun, I was notified as well that I can take a few classes to become a certified personal trainer through the YMCA. It's a basic course; just enough to make my own schedule through the Y and build a base of clients on my own time. There are more courses for more advanced training which I'm definitely interested in but this is a start.


 The goal at the end of the Couch to 5k is to well, run a 5k! Except we're getting crazy and running a 3.6 mile race called the Davidson Doozie. Last year, I ran the 10k or 6.2 mile race and let me tell ya, it's a doozie! I guess this year, instead of running the 10k, I'll be running with our Couch to 5k team. I think seeing them cross the finish line will be way more exciting!



I also am going to need new running shoes soon. Now that I've been fitted for shoes and socks, I know what I like and what works. I do believe these will be coming next. They are the same shoes as what I have now. Since switching from Brooks to New Balance, my feet are a lot happier. 



Also, coming in a few short months, is my second half marathon at OKI. There's something about running along the coast of North Carolina that just makes me happy!


Well, that's about all for now! Good night, all!







No comments:

Post a Comment