Friday, December 20, 2013

A Heavy Heart

Last night, news spread that a friend, one whom I've talked about here on my blog, was moved to our local Hospice house. He has been fighting bone cancer for almost a year now. He's endured hours and hours of chemo, a leg amputation, and much sickness, pain, heartache, and disappointment after each chemo treatment failed to work. The news last night was a little surprising to me because this guy kept going and going and going. After sickness from the chemo, he'd bounce back for more. He'd have a set back and he'd remain strong. Steadfast in his faith that the Lord would give him strength. We all knew he was fighting. He was fighting for one more day, one more hour, one more chance to be a father and husband to his beautiful wife and two gorgeous twin daughters. (Webb will marry one of them one day.) :) I can't say I've ever in my life witnessed such strength and honor in God. Every update from Facebook included how his faith had not waivered, how his strength came from the Lord, how he was armored with God's grace.

And then he made a decision. He decided it was time to go to Hospice. You know, nothing says FAITH like making a decision like that. Chad must have an amazing faith in God. He must know that God is going to walk him through every minute of his time here on Earth. He must know that God will not forsake him, let him down, or leave him stranded. He must know that on the other side, a loving God awaits him with open arms to receive him into his kingdom. He must know that his faith, his journey, his life has touched people in unimaginable ways and that God has used him as a vessel to bring people closer to Him. What amazing, unshakeable faith Chad has.

To Chad, Holly, and all my friends at High Rock Church. I get it now. I finally get it. I get that God's grace will bring us closer to Him. I get that we need an amazing God to walk with us every single day. Thank you for helping me get it. Thank you for helping me hold my child a little closer, love my Chris a little stronger, tell my friends and family I love them.

To Chad, I love you, friend. I am thinking of you, praying for you, and asking that God hold you so tightly in the palm of His hand and that you are comfortable and at peace. You are so loved in this community. You have touched many lives. You have done well, my good and faithful servant.

Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment