Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Preschool

 
 
We've been talking a lot about preschool at our house lately because Webb will start this fall. When we talk about it, he says he's going to play with trucks at preschool and that mommy will "come right back." He thinks when we leave the house we are either going to Carrie's house or preschool. Sweetness. So today, I went to visit two preschools close by to see which one I thought would serve him best. I had originally set my sights on one in particular but wanted to check out another one just to see. And I'm so glad I did. Here's what won my heart this morning:
 
*Handwriting Without Tears
*The little one dressed in big camo rain boots who came right up to me and told me his name.
*The little girls playing "family" in the home center- complete with a meal, the costumes, and everything.
*The little boy sitting alone playing with playdough.
*The little girl who shook my hand and said "Nice to meet you."
*The boys playing in the indoor sand box. Sand on the floor, soft music playing in the background.
*Watercolor kites and Dr. Seuss art work on the walls
*A teacher pulling children over to create their names with fruit loops and then asking them if they wanted to do something else. If they didn't, it wasn't a big deal.
*The little art center with yellow paper where the children could explore different shapes and create things with stickers, stamps, and construction paper.
*The old creaky hardwood floors and student work plastering the walls.
*The litter of puzzles that scattered the floor.
*The huge reading center and reading rocket where kids can snuggle up with a book.
*The option for YMCA time one day per week where the kids do music and movement.
*The assortment of dump trucks that lined the wall waiting for my boy.
*Three loving ladies who will love my Webb, let him explore, play, and grow. School readiness will come later. For now, it's student centered which means it's Webb centered. Sold.
 
 
The deal is sealed and I couldn't be more happy about my choice.

1 comment: