Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Wonderful Weekend!

This has turned out to be a great weekend thanks to dear friends who've kept us busy! Friday night, a few girlfriends came over and we ordered pizza and played Apples to Apples. We drank wine in our pj's and were in bed by 9:30. This is the same friend I used to run crazy with in high school and now we're both mamas and teachers. She means the world to me! Saturday morning we went to breakfast and then I was able to catch a quick 4.5 mile run. Damn, it felt good. I had not run all week because my heel had been bothering me, but after visiting a local chiropractor and getting some laser treatment and a taped calf, I was ready to hit the pavement! We then played at the park, ate lunch, and crashed for a few hours. After Loo Loo woke up, we went back to the park. I then had the brilliant idea of taking him to Chickfila for dinner. It was all fun and games til I realized they were having a birthday party and the place was packed. We ate and got out of there! Today, we went to Sunday School, church, and then to the grocery. Now Webb's napping and I'm catching up on emails, a few lesson plans, and some house work. I'm a little nervous about how the time change will affect Webb's sleeping. I guess we'll see! This afternoon, we're heading to Mimi and Pawpaw's house for dinner. But first, this mama is going running again. Those 4.5 didn't quite do it yesterday.

I am loving this spring like weather. It can stay, yes? Up this week is a follow-up doctor's appt for Loo in Winston and then new running shoes for me. Tuesday, I'm taking the day off to visit preschools to pick the best one for our sweet boy. And then next Saturday, I'm running in a 5k in Winston. We're definitely keeping busy til daddy gets home. It won't be too much longer . . . .

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment