Tuesday, July 24, 2012

About Me

This cute survey has been going around so here it goes....

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started blogging in 2010, I believe. I actually think I started a blog somewhere else long ago but it's out in cyberspace now. I started blogging because I love to write and I love to document. I also love photography and while I'm just an amateur, I try to capture good pictures of my family or things I see when I'm out and about so I share them here. Once Webb came along, my posts were all about him so really it's evolved into a baby book of sorts. It's crazy to read back to last summer and look at how much he's changed. I don't have a large following and that's ok. I know there are friends and family who check in here to see what our life is like.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
For undergrad, I attended Meredith College and UNCG. I graduated from UNCG with a degree in Elementary Education. Several years later, I went back to school for a Master's in Elementary Ed. with additional reading licensure.

3. Where have you traveled?
I have been to several states close by for mission work, Florida, Puerto Rico, Cancun, Aruba, US Virgin Islands, Germany, and France.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
I would buy a few, just a few, pairs of shoes. Just to be very honest with you. I would then stash a bunch back for Webb. Then I'd go shopping again. :)

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Dirty Feet
Being late
People who don't write thank you notes. Mama always said write a thank you note.

6. What is your favorite movie?
So hard to decide! I love August Rush, The Notebook, Dead Poet's Society, and Steel Magnolias.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I love Corona Light. Sweet tea next please!

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Go shopping or get a pedicure.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Right now, probably Wisteria or Ballard Designs. I'm in total decoration mode for my new home and have so many ideas that could use that kind of funding!

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Oh, there are many, many embarrassing moments. How about the time I put my raincoat on to go talk to the landscaper working in our yard and as I was walking, I felt something on my coat. I looked down and a pair of my underwear were stuck to the velcro on the front. Or the time my sister and I were eating at Sweet Potatoes in Winston and we were in the bathroom acting like fools (laughing loudly and talking silly) and when we came out, the whole kitchen staff was staring at us. I'm sure they were wondering what we were up to.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
The day my father died. We had been waiting most of the day for it to happen and when it got late, we decided to come home and get Webb to bed and try to rest for what we thought would be another long day of waiting. We had just gotten in bed around midnight when my phone rang. I will always regret not staying that night.



 12. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I was a lifeguard through high school and then waitressed one summer between high school and college. During college, I worked at my dad's law office.


14. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I would go to Tahiti and stay in one of these huts. Maybe one day!



16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.

My brown-eyed blessings. I love these two so so much!


17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
In five years, I hope to be a mother of two Littles! I hope to do some traveling as family- maybe to Disney, Glacier National Park, Washington, D.C., New York, and Chicago. I've also always wanted to spend a summer in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment