Sunday, April 17, 2011

Healing

This weekend we headed to our home away from home, Oak Island, for some rest and relaxation. After everything that has gone on, we all needed some time to calm down and take time for ourselves. You were so good the whole weekend and did well traveling! Between me, dad, and your aunt, you were loved on, kissed on, and held practically every minute of our trip. We took a long walk on the beach, played inside, read books, rocked on the front porch, slept, and ate in. It was wonderful. We talked a lot about your Pawpaw and how we wished he could have gone. You slept in his room. He would have loved having you as a room mate. We talked about how he always kept the beach house stocked with plenty of toilet paper, oatmeal, and bars of soap. We talked about how he would eat oysters and read all day long. We missed him and thought about him a lot. He was there in spirit. I felt him. He was looking down on us and was happy that we were together, laughing, telling stories, debating issues, and taking a stand for things we believe in. He would be so proud to know that you were a big boy and loved the 'beachy' as he would say. It was a perfect weekend.

Walking on the beach


Playing outside


Hanging with dad


Reading


Playing Peekaboo!


Mommy lovin'


Cookin' up some Webb!


More mommy lovin'!


Heading home . . .

I am so thankful for my family and for the quiet time I was able to spend with you this weekend. I can't wait to take you back this summer!


2 comments:

  1. Aw, Amanda, I'm so glad you had a good time at Oak Island. Your photos are adorable! I had to gasp when I saw the one of you reading to Webb -- that's the way I read to Deacon, too! :) Your little guy is growing up so fast...just like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS going by too quickly! Deacon is absolutely precious as well. I think reading to them is the best gift you can give them!

    ReplyDelete