Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh happy day!

Today we celebrated the end of an era. The end of 9 to 5 days, the end of bringing stacks of work home, the end of organizing and conducting team meetings and flu vaccination clinics, the end of home visits all over Davidson County. Today we celebrated the retirement of Chris' mom. Her job title of 'nurse' has been replaced with 'grandmother.' And what a proud grandmother she is. I believe she's been waiting for this day for quite sometime, although bittersweet, it launches her into a new path in life. She and my mom will be taking care of Webb when I go back to work in a few weeks. Everyone asks me if I'm sad about going back to work, and part of me is, but with two women like this, I have no worries that Webb will be cared for and loved while I'm away. So here's to grandmothers- here's to the unconditional love they bring, the abounding pride they carry for their grandson, and the unwavering support they show to our family.










 



No comments:

Post a Comment