Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mama's Baby







I love all of your little tongue faces you make! You are staying awake longer during the day and love laying in your pack-n-play. You'll lay there for 30 to 45 minutes and coo and work your arms and legs. I love sitting beside you and talking with you. This morning after I fed you, you gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen. My heart completely melted. You are a sweet boy.

You are also doing great with sleeping at night. We've established that important nightly routine of dimming the lights, quieting the house, feeding, rocking, reading, swaddling, etc. We usually start about 8:30 winding you down from the day. Usually by 10:30, you're in your bassinett, fast asleep. All with little fussing! You're sleeping longer stretches now too which means I'm only up with you once during the night. Last night, you slept 9, yes 9 hours and didn't make a peep. Daddy and I were stoked about that! Keep it up, Webb! :)

I will say that last night, I about had a heart attack. When we got home from visiting my mom, you were screaming from your carseat which is a little unusal- especially since we'd just fed and changed you before we left her house. I got you inside, ran upstairs to change clothes, and got you a bottle- I figured you were just hungry again. As I removed you from your carseat, your little body was beat red and burning hot. I took your hat off and your little head was sopping wet. I immediately took your socks off and yelled for Chris. He told me to check your temp. He grabbed the thermometer while I ran downstairs, wiped you down with a damp rag, and changed you from you gown into something warm and dry. Dad checked your temp- it was fine and you were already calming down and looking much more like yourself. I think I had you bundled up way too much and had the heat on in the car. I am always so worried about you being cold- I never thought about you getting too hot! Geez, mom, think next time! I felt so horrible that you had been hot the whole way home and were literally drenched in sweat. I held you close and said I was sorry about a million times. I know you forgive me- your smile says it all. Next time, I'll be more careful and not turn the heat up so much! Sorry, bud!
Tonight your Grandparent Fultons are coming to keep you while Daddy and I get out of house and go on a little date night. I'm excited about spending time with Dad while you get plenty of love and attention from your grandparents. They adore you so!








1 comment:

  1. OH MY WORD, he is ADORABLE, Amanda! Just the cutest thing! You might think I'm crazy but I think he & Deacon favor each other in certain photos that I've seen...

    I'm right there with you on the temperature thing -- Deacon is very hot-natured, just like his Daddy, but I always worry that he'll get cold. Jeff has to reign me in sometimes from putting too many clothes/blankets on him. :)

    It sounds like you guys are settling in to parenthood like pros!

    ReplyDelete