Monday, November 8, 2010

The nursery is done!

Here is a little tour of Baby Webb's nursery!


Here is his crib, obviously. I am very pleased with how the bedding turned out! The monogrammed canvas above his crib was handpainted by my friend, Emily. I wanted something unique with his name or initials on it and when I found this, I fell in love! Check out his bee mobile. Chris thought he needed one and this is what he picked out. I think it's precious.


This little rocking chair belonged to my great-grandmother. She kept it in her bedroom with a little doll in it. I found it at mom's and brought it here to put in his nursery. A few weeks ago, Chris and I were digging through the attic at his parents' house and found this antique doll that belonged to his dad. I love how its little face is cracked. Chris hung the little coat rack the other night, much to my surprise. I came in and he had hung a few of his little coats and sweaters on it. My heart melted for sure.

The dresser is a piece my mom had at her house. I tell you, that lady has more furniture than a furniture store! She gave us the dresser, Chris painted it, and it now serves as his changing table! I found the mirror at Transit Damage for a whopping $35 dollars. Chris sanded and painted it to match. I believe it sparkles. And don't you love the bunny lamp? It is truly the source of my bunny themed nursery. I've had it since before Chris and I were married and always said I'd put it in the nursery. A sweet friend gave me the bunny print you see hanging above the mirror. I think it adds some heighth to the room.



This is the other side of the room with the sliding doors. It takes you outside to the covered porch and front yard. If we live here long enough, I bet you there will be some sneaking in and out, much in the fashion of mama and daddy!



A shelf full of books and little knick-knacks. We are ready to do lots of reading in this house! I love the little letter blocks that spell out his name. I found them at an antique store in High Point.



Here's the glider and side table. Chris painted the table pale blue. My sweet friend Shanna gave us the frame. Chris grandmother made, yes made, the lamp- wiring and all for Chris when he was little. She handpainted two blue birds on the front. Talk about sentimental value!


That is that! We're all finished! And I truly think it's a dream come true for our little fellow. A lot of love and thought have gone into making this room special for him- from both of us. Now we just wait for his arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment