Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Little Shadow


You can see from this picture that Isa wanted to join the bump picture. This perfectly illustrates her behavior as of late. I can't walk from my closet to the bed to put away laundry without her following me. I can't use the BATHROOM without her little face staring at me. I can't walk from the living room to the kitchen to get a drink of water without her trailing behind. Last night while I cut vegetables, she sat RIGHT behind me in the kitchen and every time I got up, she too would follow, even if I was going two steps into the pantry. She and Scotch have developed this adverse relationship with the outdoors. If Chris calls them to go out, which they used to love, they just sit and stare at me. I have to shove them out the door to use the bathroom. If we're downstairs in the nursery, she is right there at my feet, following me around, pawing me every chance she gets. As I write, she is laying beside me with her little feet crossed.


She is never more than two feet from me, even while I'm sleeping, she's curled up in the tiny space between the bed and my nightstand. She knows there's something going on . . . something larger than life that is going to change this house forever. She is a faithful friend and guardian. I can't imagine my life without Sweet Isa and I'm so glad our little fellow will have her to watch over him.







No comments:

Post a Comment