Sunday, August 15, 2010

Birthdays and Babies

This weekend has been pretty eventful! Friday night, we celebrated our friend Katie's 26th birthday at D and Andrea's house. Andrea prepared the best meal for us and was such a gracious hostess. Kudos to Katie's hubby for getting it all together!

No birthday is complete without Fancy Pastry cupcakes! I had a blue one!


Katie sneaks around the corner to eat one!



What a beautiful smile!


Sweet Katie




The 'Hostess with the Mostess' and Katie

On Saturday morning, my friend Shanna and I went shopping for maternity clothes. She is newly pregnant and wanted to get a few things before school starts. I'm so excited that my dearest friend and I are sharing this mommy-hood experience together. We both found some cute things- I was especially excited to add some fall maternity clothes into the mix. I'm going back tomorrow to get a few more things, then I'm done buying for me . . .

On Saturday night, Katie helped me celebrate my birthday at Bonefish. We had such a wonderful time- especially eavesdropping on other peoples' conversations at the restaurant! I am so lucky to be surrounded by such sweet girls! During dinner, Chris called and said there was a surprise for me at my sister's house. So after dinner, we stopped by and Chris had ordered ALL of Webb's cloth diapers from O Baby (which is sadly going out of business)! He got him 8 Bum Genius Snap covers which grow with the baby, 2 new born covers, a dozen small Bummi prefolds, a dozen large Bummi prefolds, and a pack of disposable liners. It was a very thoughtful gesture and I was surprised he took the time to order it. We had fun practicing putting them together last night!


I think we're all set in the diaper department!

Thank you to my sweet friends and to Chris for a fun weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment