Saturday, February 27, 2010

Summer on the lake

Okay, old man winter. I'm done with you. You can leave now. Adios, sayonara, ciao, au revoir. The excitement you've brought during those big snow storms has waned, we're sick of your cold rains and wind, and are ready for a change in scenery. My mind keeps wandering to the long summer days which Chris and I have enjoyed since living on the lake and I'm ready to greet those moments with open arms. My Rainbow flip flops are lonely, the garden is calling Chris' name loud and clear, and my dogs long to run for hours on end in the warm evening sun. The table on the deck has sat empty and dirt-covered since it got cold and is gently whispering for me have a glass of wine while enjoying the view of the water. My taste buds are ready to devour the goodies from Chris' garden . . . the fresh strawberries, cantalope, okra, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash. Our boat has been sitting so lonely and is ready for afternoon boat rides and picnics with sandwiches and Corona. The driveway is calling where many a nights Chris and have sat as we watch the stars. Until then, sweet summertime, I'll be thinking of you and anticipating your arrival.

Here are some pictures from fall and winter on the lake.












No comments:

Post a Comment