Monday, December 3, 2012

Crazy Monday

Today was quite the day for Little Webb. This morning started with his two year doctor's visit where he got two shots (one finger prick, one flu), was prodded and messed with, and was given a steroid, an antibiotic, and more rounds of breathing treatments! I felt so bad for my love but it was all necessary to keep him healthy. After she pricked his finger and cleaned him up (she had blood all over her hands and his), he got down from my lap, went over to the door, and said "Webb's ready to go." Ha! Smart Punka.  Little did he know that another shot awaited him and lots of listening with the stethoscope. Webb has had a cough since we got back from Bermuda. We just thought it was allergies and/or sinus drainage and since they won't "treat" a cough, I kinda let it go. Just recently had it gotten worse sounding and was more prominent at night. I made the call to do a breathing treatment and after she listened to him this morning, she said he was definitely wheezy. It felt like a "good call mama cause you listened to the mama voice (and daddy voice) telling you to DO SOMETHING!" She said he is progressing as he should be and otherwise looked fine. She was impressed with his complete sentences too. :) It all ended with a few Thomas stickers and a nice cup of cold milk and we were done!

This afternoon, we had our last music class, pizza with the Ingram's and Sink's and then went to the Christmas parade. I have to tell you that I got a little choked up tonight. Watching the reflection of the twinkling lights in Webb's eyes just made me so so happy. I love the wonder and excitement of the Christmas season and sharing that with a sweet two year old boy is complete perfection. The Christmas parade reminds me of being little and how I couldn't wait to walk uptown to our spot at the old library. Chris and I sipped coffee and watched the parade too. I was a darn good ending to a crazy day!

Here is a video from the other day. You'd never know he was a sick baby! And apparently wearing diapers on your head is the new trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment