Sunday, December 16, 2012

Birthdays, Christmas, Running, Sheep and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

What a wonderful long weekend this has been! Friday, I took the day off to be with my Little. We made some cookies, snuggled in our pjs, ran some errands and both took 2.5 hour naps. My phone rang around 3 and it was Carrie saying that her birthday girl, Ruby wanted to play at the park and asked if we could come play. So we did and then one thing led to another and we ended up having Ruby's little party here at our house! We had pizza and cupcakes and even a little Minnie tiara for her. My child was asleep 10 minutes after they left and as I was wiping up the cupcake crumbs from the dining room table, it made my heart happy that friends were here celebrating and watching our children play and have fun. It was a perfect day all around!
 
On Saturday, I did some serious Christmas shopping and then went for a run. I've been wanting to start back but juuuuust couldn't take that step. I ran about a mile yesterday by myself and then about 1.5 today with my dear friend and I felt so good afterwards. You kinda forget about the running when you're deep in good conversation! :) Then last night we went and got Webb's new big-boy bed. It's bittersweet but definitely time. That little monkey can climb in and out in about a second flat. Chris mentioned painting it (it was mine when I was little and could stand a little love) and Webb said he wanted it orange. I'm hoping he changes his mind for green or something. But if he insists, orange it will be.
 
On Sunday, we stayed in and watched movies and just did things around the house. Someone had a 3.5 hour nap so I went running and did school work. Tonight was the church's Children's Christmas play where Webb was a sheep. He was way too interested in a little truck but luckily it kept him occupied and calm most of the time. After the big children would sing, he'd yell out "YAY" and clap his hands. Lord help me. It was precious. Let me just interject right here that a two year old little boy can certainly give you a run for your money. He is forming his own opinions about things and will close his eyes, shake his head, and say "NO" if he's not having it. He is so into trucks and loud noises, jumping, banging, slamming, clanging, stomping, yelling, and running. Dear Lord, he'd give Usain Bolt a run for his money. At the same time, he can be the sweetest, most loving little soul. He has me wrapped around his little finger and I wouldn't trade it for the world. So he was a sheep, he did a great job, and was super tired tonight when we got home as are we!
 
I'm definitely looking forward to a fun and short work week. I am however dreading the conversations about the CT shootings. I hope I can find the right words.
 
Hope you all have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Couldn't have asked for a better end to a perfect 2 year old birthday. We couldn't have planned a better place or party :) Next year we'll save on Tumble Tots and just come to the Fultons' house!!

    ReplyDelete