Sunday, October 21, 2012

Our trip

These last 10 days have been sooooo nice! I am so thankful we had the opportunity to take a big trip. We had an early flight Friday morning so we spent the night in Charlotte Thursday night so we could sleep a little later and then head to the airport. Here is a picture of Webb and I as we were taking off. He did so well sitting in my lap. Thank goodness for the portable DVD player and lots of snacks!

 
We were able to board the ship that afternoon around noon. Webb napped in the stroller and was WIDE open by the time we got settled in our room!
 
 
Webb loved looking out the window. Those are nose drops in his hand. He loves his nose drops. Weird.
 
 
And after the baby goes to bed, mommy and daddy start putting a dent in that Sea Pass Card! You know, the kind you just swipe and it's like imaginary play money you never really see. :)
 
The first day on board, I booked a spa treatment for myself. I decided on the Deep Tissue Massage- an hour of pure bliss. The spa was at the back of the boat. It was so relaxing and so so beautiful. Definitely one of the best moments of the week!
 
The rest of week, we just played a lot. They had a little Tot program for Webb were he could go play each morning. It was nice that there were other children on board for him to play with. There were a few days Chris and I sat by the pool or in the hot tub. Thanks to Mimi and Pawpaw for allowing us some time alone!
 
I guess one thing about cruising is that you can't predict the weather. A day or so before reaching Bermuda, the captain informed us of a tropical storm that was nearing. We had to cut our stay in Bermuda by half a day but we still made the most of it and had a great time! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!
 
Heading to Hamilton for a day of shopping
 
Beautiful buildings- The yellow one, Calypso, had the most beautiful shoes!
 
At a beautiful park we found right in the middle of down town!
 
At the beach- what Webb talked about the WHOLE time.
 
One of our many nights out. Not shown: the huge Bahama Mama I was sipping on!
 
 
With the expert climber. I have a new respect for ANYONE who climbs. My whole body is sore. Even my fingers. It was hard but my coach cheered me on and I did it!
 
 
 
I've had a lot of people ask how Webb did. He did great. I think if you put any Little on a boat during naptime or bedtime, you'd have no problem getting them to go to sleep. He slept like a little nugget every night and loved his bed they fixed for him. The only difficult part was keeping him from running everywhere! He loves those wide open spaces and a cruise ship is full of them for sure! We are talking about booking another one and maybe this time leaving Little at home. Is that terrible? Nah.
 
:)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment