Friday, November 11, 2011

Reflection

Finally a day at home . . . no work, no plans, no where we have to be. Just what I needed. A day to be a mommy and a wife. As I sit here watching my baby nap, listening to live streaming of WDAV, drinking coffee, and watching the leaves blow about outside, I wanted to take a minute to reflect upon things I often take for granted. Taken for granted not because I don't care but because I rarely find the time to slow down and reflect. Today I am thankful for

A dear, precious, and sweet husband. He pulls more than his weight around here. Thank you, Chris for folding laundry, cooking breaokfast, helping me clean, and take care of our Little. I love you so much. And thanks for drawing me the candle lit bubble bath the other night. You are a saint.

A job. Yes, I complain about being a working mom, but that's going to stop. A lot of people would kill to have a job with benefits and decent pay. I am thankful for a job that allows days off like today. No more complaining . . .

My family. My mom, my sister, my husband, my son, my in-laws. The glue of my life. Thank you.

My friends. The other glue of my life. Coffee breaks, dinners out, text messages about teething babies. Friends who take care of my child and treat him as their own. Thank you for holding me together. I love you all. Shanna, I miss you.

Sweet Webb. A perfect mixture of daddy and me. The light of our lives. Thank you for filling our home with laughter.

Memories. The memories I have of my daddy. Memories etched so deeply in my heart that hurt sometimes and fulfill me all at the same time. Last night, as the sun was setting, the ducks flew overhead and I knew it was you, dad. You are soaring above me and taking pride in me. I know you are because you always told me how proud you were of me. I miss you. I miss your smile, I miss your hilarious stories and bad language, I miss you telling me to be careful driving down that road I live on. You will forever live in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment