Friday, March 5, 2010

In honor of my Chris


google images


Ten years ago you walked into my life as a young college kid, wild and free. You had my heart wrapped around your little finger from the first night we went out. You wanted to ride to Winston at two in the morning to see your best friend, so I drove, and we sang and laughed like two little kids. On the weekends I visited you in Greenville, we would spend our days at the dog park playing with Isa or lounging around eating strawberries. I'll never forget the day you fed me strawberries- so many that I felt sick. Sick, that word brings back that feeling of being totally and completely lovesick. You took me to Outback one night and I couldn't eat a bite. My stomach was twisted and tied up in the biggest lovesick knot I've ever felt. I let a nice fillet go to waste that night. I remember those big brown eyes starring at me from across the room . . . the look of I belong to you and you to me. I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life starring into those big brown eyes.











We are now approaching our sixth year of marriage and while our wild and free college days are a thing of the past and we've settled into life, I realize now that while I loved you then so very much, I love you today, this very moment, more than words can describe. I still see that young and wild boy in your face like when you pick on me or wrestle me to the ground with tickles or after you've had a few too many . . . I remember why I fell in love with you then and why I love you to the moon and back now. You are a precious gift from God, my best friend, my go-to buddy for all of life's little problems. You are smart, witty, charming, respectful, handsome, open-minded, and open-hearted, and you see the absolute good in everyone. You see the good in me- the good in my many pairs of shoes, the good in my side of the closet being a tornado zone, the good in my ADD, the good in my love of shopping and spending time with my girlfriends.

I can only hope our children will inherit your qualities, for if and when they do, surely this world will be a little brighter. So to you, my sweet Chris, thank you for making me the happiest girl in the world . . .

Lovin' on your Debutante



Always gotta be funny . . .

Always gotta be pointin' something out . . .


Lovin' on Pickle again




Lovin' the outdoors

If I could buy you anything in the world, I'd buy you . . .


A Cape Horn :)
google



An Electrolux gas range
google




My favorite picture of those big brown eyes . . . I love you.

Like my wedding pictures? Visit Autumn Song Photography and see more of their beautiful work!

http://www.autumnsongphotography.com/

1 comment: