Saturday, December 31, 2011

13 Month Baby!

I'm a little late posting your 13 month post! I thought about stopping the monthly posts since you're one now, but because you change and grow so much each day, I wanted to keep up with everything as best I can. I looked through your baby book the other day and the monthly updates are sparse but since I've got it all here, I'm ok with that.

There are so many things that I could brag and brag about. Aren't mamas suppose to brag on their children? Ok, here goes:

*You are smart. You have excellent receptive language. If we ask you to find a certain book, you will go find it- on the other side of the house and bring it to us. You know what things are and when we ask you to find them (your gas tank on your car, your shoes, your hat, keys, bowl, spoons, etc.), you know exactly what we're talking about. You can clap when we tell you to and you can do patty cake! It completely amazes me that you understand so much at such a young age.

*You talk a lot! (Like me!) You say "Ida" for apple and "Aga" for water. You also say something like "at at" and I'm thinking that means "What's that?" You are still saying dada (no mama yet), uh-oh, and shoes. You love when we make animal noises and you often imitate them. You love your See and Say and demand that we spend a good 30 minutes listening to the recordings of the animals over and over!

*You love- absolutely love this book- The Three Billy Goats Gruff. I bet while we were home over the break, daddy and I read it a hundred times to you. It's one you can find when we say "Go find the goats." I have the whole thing memorized. Although mommy and daddy grow a little weary of it, you sure don't! :)

*You love pots and spoons. You love tupperware containers you can "stir." You enjoy letting us "taste" what you're cooking. You don't get this love of cooking from me, for sure. But I'm glad you got it from dad.

*You give kisses and hugs to us and to your stuffed animals. It is precious.

*You still love your Cozy Coupe. It's your favorite hangout where you talk to yourself and your toys. You also eat O's (Cheerios) from the cup holder.

*You adore animals. You love rubbing Scotch, pouncing and laying all over her. She's a good girl and tolerates you most of the time. You also love wollering and rolling around on soft things like the couch, blankets, pillows, etc.

*You love to be read to. You will sit and listen for 10 minutes if you enjoy the book. You will often bring us your favorites and have us read them to you. Aside from the Billy Goats, you love The Night You Were Born, Good Night Moon, Sounds, Fuzzy, Fuzzy, Fuzzy, and Jay-Jay the Jet Plane.

Rollin' in my diaper . . . (geez . . . you look like a mini line backer!)



Happy Punka

I could eat you up!

Early morning ride in the Coupe.





You are the most fun, most enjoyable, lovable, huggable, squeezable baby in the world. My heart swells with love and utter joy for you. You bring so much happiness into the world of those around you. I hope your light will shine brightly always and that you'll take those big brown eyes and huge smile into the world and make it a better place.






"My love will fly to you each night on angel's wings . . . Godspeed, Sweet Dreams, Little Man."
Dixie Chicks










1 comment: