Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Living up to 'he's a mess!'

Boy, I can't keep up with you! I guess I had it in my mind that babies lay around and sleep, play nicely on a play mat or behind the mesh walls of a pack-n-play. I thought only toddlers like maybe an 18 month old or something would be opening cabinets and drawers, climbing steps, digging through baskets, and pulling out whatever they could get their hands on! I thought maybe some crawling, a little pulling up, a few little things to keep you out of . . . Oh no, not here, no way, no how! You are officially in to any and everything and can't be stopped most days. I think you could play all day and all night if I let you! Your latest tricks are pulling up on the cabinets and opening and closing them, along with climbing a stair or two, trying to eat the door stops, pulling all the books off the shelves in your bedroom, taking apart the bottom plastic bar from the fridge, crawling on the little shelf under the coffee table, pulling up on the bathtub, scaling the crib from end to end, and well, just about making your mommy a crazy lady! Ha! I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything. I am happy you are so curious and independent. It's so crazy to think that at the beginning of summer, you weren't doing any of this- just crawling and playing with your toys on the floor. Look out world, we've got a pistol on our hands!



You wanted down!


Looking so big in your chair!

You in action!


Love you Little Punker, Punker! You are my sunshine!




1 comment:

  1. Those are awesome "action" shots you got, Amanda! He really is into everything -- another reason I'm not rushing Deacon into anything in terms of crawling, walking, etc.! :) Can you believe our little guys are almost a year old??!

    ReplyDelete