Monday, August 29, 2011

9 Month Little

Hello Little! I am a Little late working on your 9 month post but we have been busy playing, playing, and playing! That is all you want to do these days! You are keeping mommy and daddy our toes as you're in to everything at super sonic speed! I jokingly said this week that Hurricane Irene didn't hit us, but Hurricane Webb sure did! (No offense to those affected by the storm; you have been in my thoughts and prayers this week.) From sun up until sun down, you are a ball of energy, interested in any and everything in your path!

Here are some 9 month stats:

*wearing size 9-12 month clothes but you're starting to outgrow the 9 mo. sizes!
*still wearing cloth diapers the majority of the time
*crawling like a big boy- on all fours
*sometimes cruising along the furniture
*waving at people and objects
*saying dada dada a lot!
*squealing, babbling, and grunting constantly
*fascinated with handles, latches, knobs, wheels, tags, screws, the washing machine, and door stops
*still loving Sophie Sophie, your baby laptop, and your pillow pet
*still sleeping with Mr. Giraffe. It's so cute how you smile at him when I hand him to you before bedtime. You then cuddle and roll around with him- eventually falling asleep with him clutched tightly under your little arm. It is precious for sure.
*eating solids but not well these days- you're more interested in the straps on the highchair or getting down to play. You do like most things we feed you, especially zucchini, squash and sweet taters. You love puffs and mum mums too!
*going to bed around 7:30 and sleeping through until between 6 and 7!
*loving the musical instruments mommy brought home


A day at the park- you were ready to go!

You love anything that will shake, shake, shake! (Notice to all you readers out there: Yes, his britches aren't snapped. He won't be still long enough for me to snap them. I give up.)

You have figured out how to spin the inside of the washer!

You have also figured out how to melt my heart . . .

Driving the tractor

Fun with the sippy cup

Dock sittin'

Ridin' on daddy


And as the skies turn bright shades of blue and orange, as days become shorter, and nights a little cooler, I'm reminded that fall is upon us and that this time last year, we were preparing for your arrival. Next weekend is the opening day of dove season- your Pawpaw's favorite time of the year. I can see him now- polishing his guns, gathering his boots, and loading up his car for a retreat into the stillness where he would wait for dove overhead. How I wish he was here to teach you and show you about hunting. I made daddy promise me that he would show you. Cause Pawpaw would be proud.





Happy happy 9 months to my ray of sunshine, my sweet, precious, vivacious, Little Chris. I love you to the moon and back a million times and thank God every single day for allowing me to be your mommy.





No comments:

Post a Comment