Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

You had a very special first Christmas this year, Webb! It all started on Christmas Eve when you went to spend the day with your grandparent Fulton's (we don't have names for them yet) so that daddy and I could do some things around the house and rest. You looked so cute in your little outfit before I took you over to their house. It was hard to let them keep you for the afternoon, but they took very good care of you and loved on you ALL day. I can surely handle being away from you when I know you are being loved. Here are some pictures from before we left the house.







That night, we opened presents and had Santa at my parent's house. You got lots of goodies including some toys and your first engraved silver cup. Afterwards, we took you to your first church service where we lit the Advent and Christ candles together as a family. You looked so sweet in your little daygown. Before bed that night, daddy read us "The Night Before Christmas" while you ate. This is a tradition that my dad started for me and my sister when we were little- precisely the reason I can recite the entire poem from memory. This tradition will surely become a part of our Christmas Eves from now on!




On Christmas Day, we went to Chris' parents house where you again were spoiled with love- everyone on his side of the family had not met you yet so you were passed around all afternoon between aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. His parents gave you a beautiful porcelain Pinocchio that they found in Italy back in the fall. I have put it up HIGH on the shelf in your room! Your great grandmother also got to hold you, which is a very special thing given that she's 99 years old! She loves you so much . . .



On Christmas night, it began snowing! You had me up and down several times during the night and the snow never stopped.



We spent the day snuggled up inside while you napped. You and I watched some movies . . . well, I watched them, and you just slept and slept. You are the most cuddly little thing and I enjoyed spending a lazy day at home with you and daddy.



So, heres to your first Christmas, my sweet Webb. You were the joy of your parents and grandparents this Christmas . . . no gift could compare to the love and warmth you've brought into our lives.






1 comment:

  1. I love what you are doing with your blog! Lovely pictures, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete