Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter weekend

This Easter weekend has been one of the best I can remember! First of all, the weather was sensational! I can't remember an Easter when it's been warm and sunny! I was able to wear the Lilly dress today which I thought I'd be wearing in May! This weekend has been spent enjoying friends and family and reminds me of how blessed I am! Thursday night, Chris and I enjoyed a moving Maundy Thursday service at church. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought about the painful death of Jesus- truly a wake-up call in this busy world. Afterwards, we walked downtown to dinner with Chris' parents. Friday, I went shopping and had lunch with my sister in Winston. I picked up a new dress and a few birthday gifts. Then Chris and I spent the day working in the yard. We planned on taking the boat out, but after the storms we've had, Chris didn't want to put Precious in the water for fear he'd hit some random debris. If the weather keeps up, we'll be out hopefully next weekend. On Saturday, Chris and I went walking at Grimes, went to lunch with friends, got groceries, and picked out the herbs for my herb garden! Today I planted oregano, cilantro, rosemary, and thyme. Last night, we enjoyed an Easter dinner with his parents, my parents, Grandma Hartzog, Nancy and Jeff, and Chris' aunt and uncle. I love the fact that our families blend so well together. We sat on their back deck and talked for hours. I love my families so much. Today we enjoyed a wonderful Easter service at church, followed by lunch with some very dear friends. The rest of the day was spent working in the yard, cooking dinner, and relaxing. I tell ya, I am one lucky girl. I have a wonderful family, the best girlfriends ever, and a husband who does any and everything to make me happy. God has been good to me and has blessed me far more than I deserve. For all of those things, I am deeply humbled.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment