Tuesday, September 9, 2014

These Days

These days Chris and I are focusing on what really matters to us and to our family. I learned last year that worry and busyness can make life miserable. I'm so thankful that Chris and I are becoming grounded in our faith as a married couple and as parents to begin making better choices for our family and for our future. So here's what is important and blog worthy these days . . .

1. Church. I can't even begin to articulate the impact that our new church has had on us. We are learning so much each week and are thinking of joining. We've been visiting for about a year now and absolutely love the inclusive, loving, warm, laid back feeling of it. It's so refreshing to go to church each week in jeans or a little sundress and not worry that someone will think less of me because of what I'm wearing. No one knows my mom or dad or how I grew up. No one cares really. I don't have to show-boat my child around in smocked outfits to impress anyone. He can wear his superman cape or his rain boots and no one cares. I can sit in church people from all walks of life and find comfort in knowing that I'm accepted for who I am just as they are. I can rest in the fact that my husband and I are truly growing in ways I never ever ever imagined. I pray to a God every night who I know now, at the age of 35, is more real than ever. He is working in amazing ways in my house and it's so cool to see!

2. Webb. The absolute love of my life. He has started back to preschool and is in the big room. He loves being with his friends, playing, and learning so many cool things. He is still at his sitters house a few days a week which he loves too since he's with his little buddies. We started him in soccer this fall as well which I really hesitated on doing. I wasn't sure how he'd do but so far, we're off to a pretty good start! Tonight he just wanted to pick the grass but he also did a great job with the stations and such. He is learning and thriving and becoming a well-rounded little boy. He also has a birthday coming in a few months and we're planning something BIG this year! YAY!

Can you tell we love Duke?! I had to include a picture of Jonah. That night at the park, when Webb and Jonah saw each other, they ran and grabbed hands and just hugged. It was the sweetest thing. I love those two boys so very much!


3. Chris- I have to give it to him. He is amazing. We've had a few date nights lately which have been nice. We made a commitment to each other that we would do date nights as much as possible or just watch a movie together instead of getting on our phones or on the iPAD. He has given up his Saturday morning gym sessions to be a soccer dad as well. Last weekend, he spent the afternoon getting our chicken coop cleaned out so we could be ready for our new chicks coming soon. He has also done countless loads of laundry and even bought me a new car. I'm not sure what I did to deserve him but I sure am THANKFUL!

Two of the greatest blessings . . .


4. My job- I am teaching second grade this year and like it so far! It's nice that the kids are a little older and can do more! The BEST part of my job are the two amazing women I work with every single day. One is a veteran teacher who has a wealth of knowledge and is inspiring on so many levels and the other is a first year teacher who has more energy and excitement than I ever dreamed of. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by amazing people who lift you up and keep you smiling. Last Friday, Caroline brought us both these little pots of flowers. Talk about making your day . . .

 


1 comment:

  1. It blesses my socks off to hear that you guys have found a church and fallen in love with the "real deal". It doesn't matter what you wear or who you know... it's how you love. We love and miss you guys terribly! Hoping to schedule a trip up to visit around Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete