Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10 months!

Boy have we been busy- as evidenced by the lack of posts to the blog! As I sit here typing, it's about 40 some degrees outside, the leaves are slowly turning to yellow, and life couldn't be better. The changing of the season reminds me so much of how last year at this time, we were really anticipating your arrival. I was hugely pregnant, swollen, and fat, but we were so excited to meet you. And here we are 10 months later and our world has become so full now that you are here. I absolutely can't believe that I'm planning your first birthday party next month. You grow and change every single day. I told you this morning that I could watch you all day. You are amusing, silly, and charming. You are inquisitive, determined, and on-the-go all day long. Last night after you went to bed, the house was so quiet. I wanted to wake you up so we could play. I live for days when I get to be with you, watching and playing as you become your own little person. Here are some things you're up to at 10 months!


*You are still sleeping through the night. I think you play so hard during the day that you need every minute of sleep!
*You wear 12-18 month clothing!
*You love to swing, help unload the washing machine, push your cart, and unravel the toilet paper from the roll!
*You love books. You are good at turning the pages and looking at the pictures! You especially love books with furry and rough textures. You know exactly where to find the place you're supposed to touch. You will sit and listen to a story. I believe one of your favorites is the Three Billy Goats Gruff. When I hand you the book, you just laugh and squeal.
*You love your grandparents. And they love you. You are spoiled in good ways by all of them. Daddy and I feel so blessed to have them helping us raise you!
*You adore icecream. Mimi's homemade icecream to be exact!
*You know how to give eskimo kisses. When asked, you smile and put your nose close to my face. It is the most precious thing ever.
*You love to talk. You babble, squeal, coo, and grunt all the time. You love making the zzzz sound, gggg sound, and dadadada. You also know how to say uh-oh!
*You have started clapping and doing this silly move where you cover your ears.
*You can stand alone for little bits of time and you are cruising along the furniture a lot.


And you are IMPOSSIBLE to take pictures of now! You won't be still for long and you're always grabbing for the camera.



Daddy and I love you so much, little PUNKA!

No comments:

Post a Comment